VeaChoc was launched with an aim to eradicate iron deficiency especially because it can be done with natural methods. Iron deficiency causes anemia which affects millions the world over, especially women. Those who suffer from Iron deficiency anemia go through life feeling exhausted, irritable, having headaches and generally having non-productive days.
The fact is that nature is laden with foods that contain iron. We only need to make smart food choices to ensure that iron deficiency does not affect our lives. Every bar of VeaChoc contains a blend of naturally occurring nuts, seeds and berries that complement each other to provide you with a tasty and healthy iron-rich snack.
An important ingredient in VeaChoc is Badam/Almond. It comes as no surprise that this highly nutritious tree nut was among the first our research team studied when working on the composition of VeaChoc. Mentioned in the Bible, used as an ingredient in Pharoah’s bread, Almonds were eaten by explorers who travelled the famous “Silk Route” that linked China with Europe. A quick look into its nutritional profile explains why Almonds have been a part of human life for centuries.
Almonds are commonly used as a snack, oil, cream, moisturizer, bread spread, milk, butter, flour etc. Apart from being an excellent source of iron, Badam has numerous benefits.
- The richness of Vitamin A and E in Almond keeps skin supple and glowing. Hence, Almond is used excessively in Skin and Haircare products.
- Helps in building stronger and healthier bones. Power-packed contents of almonds like Calcium, Manganese, Magnesium, Copper, Vitamin K, Protein, Zinc etc makes the bone stronger and healthier.
- Almonds are great as brain food. L-carnitine and riboflavin in almonds boost healthy growth of brain cells. Cognitive function is improved with the phenylalanine chemical in it.
- Loaded folic acid in Almond helps in the proper development of the fetus, hence preventing birth defects.
- Other than the above-mentioned uses, Almond contributes to treating acne, stretch marks, hair growth, mental alertness, reducing weight etc.
Other ingredients like Ragi, Flax, Pistas and citrus rich berries compliment Almond in the composition mix of VeaChoc. This carefully studied formula is then blended into chocolate to make this tastier. To suit the various tastes, VeaChoc is available as milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate and even as a sugar-free variant!